Membership entitles you to vote at RAAV's Annual General Meeting, stand for RAAV's Committee and receive RAAV's package of assistance. Associate membership is also available for persons considering commencing a rooming house.
RAAV's suite of services to members includes:
- Promoting rooming house "Best Practice" to raise the standards and image of the private rooming house sector;
- Providing a forum for rooming house operators and represent the views of members to Government;
- Contributing to the Government's policy initiatives and producing submissions on matters affecting the rooming house sector;
- Liaison with key stakeholders;
- Creating a respected private Rooming House sector.
- Providing other services to members including:
- Being a central reference communication base on key issues that impact on private rooming houses;
- Provide information on "Best Practice" and Government legislation
- Conduct regular forums and information sessions;
- Participate in Government forums;
- Access to an interactive website with links to information on legislation, VCAT, Tenancy, Building, Business systems, case studies and assistance with services such as insurance;
- Information about special rates for products and services with related businesses, e.g. insurance for rooming houses;
- Regular newsletters on key matters impacting on private rooming houses.
RAAV's Committee meets regularly to provide programs and develop policies for representation to Government and Local Government. RAAV's members contribute to these important functions for improving rooming house operations.
RAAV does not provide legal advice or undertake consultancy in relation to individual rooming houses.